WTP Tournaments...Experience the Difference!
- When you play in a World Team Pickleball tournament, you will know exactly WHEN and WHERE you will play.
- No waiting around all day to be called.
- All of our matches are scheduled in advance, with the teams and courts announced at the beginning of the tournament.
- In World Team Pickleball tournaments, your team is never eliminated!
- You will play SEVERAL BACK-TO-BACK MATCHES each day of the tournament.
- Every match, every game, and every point counts toward your overall team totals!
- This is World TEAM Pickleball!
- You will cheer your team on as you work together to win as many points and matches as possible.
- Show us your "team spirit" by wearing team shirts, dressing in the same color, or wearing crazy accessories!
- Most of all...World Team Pickleball is about FUN! Make sure you have as much of it as possible!
World Team Pickleball Tournament Format
- You will be playing MULTIPLE MATCHES over the schedule tournament day(s).
- Every team requires a Team Captain. The captain is given a packet with all their team's matches for the tournament.
- The Team Captain's responsibilities include recruiting players for a team, determine lineups for each match, and reporting scores to the Tournament Desk.
- Each team may carry 4 players on their roster, with 2 additional for rotation or substitution.
- Team Captains can also be a player.
- Players may also register as INDIVIDUALS.
- We will either find or create a team for you!
- We mainly offer Mixed Team Divisions for tournaments, but can also offer Men's and Women's "only" teams.
- Each team will choose their Skill Level - 2.5 - 5.0
- If there are enough teams registered, we may also offer Age Brackets for each Skill Level (you may be combined with other age groups to form a full division
- Each team will play 2-3 courts of doubles, depending on the event format and divisions.
- For 4-player Mixed events, teams will play 1 court of Men's doubles and 1 court of Women's doubles on 2 courts at the same time. The next day teams will 2 courts of Mixed doubles at the same time.
- For all Men's or Women's events, teams will play 2 courts of doubles at the same time.
- Each court will play a regulation match (best 2/3 games).
- The Team Captains from both teams will collect the scores of all courts,document on the scorecard,
- The winning Team Captain will submit the scores to the Tournament Desk.
- Winners are determined in the following order as Matches and Rounds are accumulated over the 3-day event (2-day events start with Courts Won):
- Rounds Won (winning at least 2/3 Courts). If there is a tie, go to #2.
- Courts Won (matches). If there is still a tie, go to #3.
- Fewest Games Lost (teams are rewarded for winning a match in two games vs three). If there is a tie, which does occur, go to #4.
- Total Points. If there is still a tie, one mixed doubles game to 15 will be played between the two teams.
BUT WAIT! YOU'RE NOT DONE!
Your team will get ready to play the next team...then the next team, and so on. When you are finished for the day, you can watch other teams play or go out and enjoy your evening. But rest up, because you're going to come back the next day and do it all over again!
- All Sectional Tournament winners will receive pre-qualified registration to the World Team Pickleball Championships. Winners are never wait listed!