WTP Tournaments...Experience the Difference!
- When you play in a World Team Pickleball tournament, you will know exactly WHEN and WHERE you will play.
- No waiting around all day to be called.
- All of our matches are scheduled in advance, with the teams and courts announced at the beginning of the tournament.
- In World Team Pickleball tournaments, your team is never eliminated!
- You will play SEVERAL BACK-TO-BACK MATCHES each day of the tournament.
- Every match and every point counts toward your overall team totals!
- This is World TEAM Pickleball!
- You will cheer your team on as you work together to win as many points and matches as possible.
- Show us your "team spirit" by wearing team shirts, dressing in the same color, or wearing crazy accessories!
- Most of all...World Team Pickleball is about FUN! Make sure you have as much of it as possible!
World Team Pickleball Tournament Format
- You will be playing MULTIPLE MATCHES over 2 days (except for the WTP Championships).
- Every team requires a Team Captain. The captain is given a packet with all their team's matches for the tournament.
- The Team Captain's responsibilities include recruiting players for a team, determine lineups for each match, and reporting scores to the Tournament Desk.
- Each team may carry 4-8 players on their roster.
- Team Captains can also be a player.
- Players may also register as INDIVIDUALS.
- We will either find or create a team for you!
- We offer Mixed Team Divisions for tournaments
- Men's and Women's "only" teams are currently played in leagues and may be offered in future tournaments.
- Each team will choose their Skill Level - 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5, and 5.0
- We also offer Age Brackets for each Skill Level (you may be combined with other age groups to form a full division)
3.0 = 12+, 50+, 60+, 70+
3.5 = 12+, 50+, 60+, 70+
4.0 = 12+, 50+, 60+, 70+
4.5 = 12+, 50+, 60+, 70+
5.0 = 12+, 5 0+, 60+, 70+
- Each team will play 1 court of men's doubles, 1 court of women's doubles, and 1 or 2 courts of mixed doubles (Men's & Women's will be played one day and Mixed will be played the other day)
- Each court will play a regulation match (best 2 out of 3 games).
- The Team Captains from both teams will collect the scores of all 3 courts and document on the scorecard, then submit to the Tournament Desk.
- The team winning the best 2 out of 3 courts has won that match!
BUT WAIT! YOU'RE NOT DONE!
Your team will get ready to play the next team...then the next team, and so on. When you are finished for the day, you can watch other teams play or go out and enjoy your evening. But rest up, because you're going to come back the next day and do it all over again!
- All Sectional Tournament winners will receive pre-registration to the World Team Championships. Winners are never wait listed!